Mediterranean cuisine signifies a special culture of cooking and enjoyment of food, which has been developed in the areas along the coast of the Mediterranean sea. These easy Mediterranean diet recipes are for all those who enjoy the flavors and aromas of Mediterranean dishes. Here we are talking about recipes, for more information about the Mediterranean diet itself and to get a custom-made Mediterranean diet just for you check out Easy Follow Mediterranean Diet.
Some blog posts and web pages within this site contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you click the link then purchase a product or service from the third party website.
Purchasing a product or service from a link does not increase your purchase price, but it is a great way to thank us if you enjoy our content and find our suggestions helpful. Please note that we only recommend products and services that we have personally used or have thoroughly researched.
Breaded Potato and Fish Nuggets
3 hake fillets or any other fish
50 dag of potatoes
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
Garlic and parsley as much as you wish
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes, salt, and put them to boil
2. While the potatoes are cooking, fry the fillets in the pan
3. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them, add olive oil, and if desired garlic and parsley
4. Mix it all nicely to make it like a puree.
5. Add the chopped potatoes to the pieces of shredded fish fillets, salt, pepper, and if you want more garlic and parsley
6. Mix everything with a spoon to absorb all the ingredients.
7. When you have done this, slightly wet your palms (because the mixture is a bit sticky), take pieces of this mixture and form balls, flatten them a little, and put them on a tray
8. Now bread those balls. They go in flour…eggs… crumbs.
9. Put them in hot oil for a very short time to get the golden color because everything is already cooked
600 g of potatoes
1 can of brown beans
300 g tomatoes
50 g of pitted black olives
1 tablespoon of capers
FOR SALAD DRESSING:
50-100 ml of water
2 tablespoons of vinegar
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins, then peel them and cut them into slices.
2. Drain the beans and slice the tomatoes.
3. Put the vegetables in a bowl, add the olives and capers and mix.
4. Mix together seasoning mix with water and let it stand for about 5 minutes. Then stir in the vinegar and oil.
5. Pour the salad dressing over the salad just before serving and stir gently.
You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar or a combination of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
Green Noodles With Seafood
300 g of green noodles
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of chopped basil
50 ml of olive oil
100 g of onions
2 cloves of garlic
3-4 tablespoons of cognac
50-100 ml of white wine
1 kg of ripe tomatoes
100 g of shrimp
300 g of seafood mix
1 tablespoon seasoning mix
1. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and cut them into cubes
2. Fry the chopped onion in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add tomatoes and chopped garlic and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
3. Add wine, seasoning mix, parsley, and basil, continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. In another pan, fry the shrimps briefly on the remaining oil, then add the seafood mix, cognac, a pinch of salt, and mix it all with the tomato sauce
5. Cook the green noodles in salted water, drain, and stir hot into the sauce.
Shrimps in Coconut Milk
500-700gr of shrimps (cleaned)
400 g of coconut milk (1 can)
5-6 cloves of garlic
a couple of parsley leaves
a couple of basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon of cardamon
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1dcl of water
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
a pinch of cayenne pepper
a pinch of rosemary
2 tablespoons of olive or sesame oil
1. Let shrimps defrost a little first
2. Fry finely chopped garlic in olive oil (or sesame). The temperature should be as low as possible
3. Add the coconut milk. When coconut milk starts to boil add the spices. First finely chopped parsley and basil, then cardamon and cayenne pepper and all others. When it thickens a bit, add 1dcl of water in which you have mixed 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of fish sauce. This all together doesn’t take more than 5 min. Then add the shrimp and let it simmer over low heat for another 5-6 min.
4. And that’s it. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley on top.
Marinated Fish on Grill
1 kg blue fish (sardines, mackerel, or tuna)
olive oil for marinating and baking
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of seasoning mix
1. Clean up, wash, and dry the fish well. Sprinkle the fish inside and outside with salt and seasoning mix.
2. Put parsley inside larger fishes, place the fish in a suitable bowl, pour over olive oil and cover with parsley and rosemary. Leave them like that for a while to marinate.
3. Heat the grill well, take the fish out of the marinade, and put them on the grill. Coat the fish during baking with a twig of rosemary that you always dip in oil.
4. Bake the fish on each side for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size and weight of the fish.
The grill must be well heated so fish doesn’t stick to it during the baking. With fish prepared in this way, you can serve a variety of fresh salads or cooked vegetables such as chard, potatoes, and similar.
80g margarine (or butter)
1 can of tuna in oil
a little lemon juice
1. Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix them together.
700 g of squids
4 tablespoons of sunflower oil for baking
For the marinade:
100 ml of olive oil
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons of Tabasco
1 teaspoon of ginger
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of seasoning mix
50 g of cashew nuts
1. Dry the cleaned squid well on absorbent paper, then make a few small cuts with a knife on both sides of the squid
2. Mix olive oil with Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, ginger, chopped garlic, seasoning mix, and ground cashews.
3. Mix the marinade well and pour it over the prepared squid. Let them stay like that in a cool place for about 2 hours.
4. Take the squid out of the marinade and fry them on well-heated and greased barbecue grills.
5. Bake them on each side for 3-4 minutes.
6. Heat the remaining marinade and pour it over the roasted squid.
If you want to give your meals a nice and tasty twist then these easy Mediterranean diet recipes are just right for you. You can use those seven recipes through each day of the week or however you like it. In any case, these seven easy Mediterranean diet recipes offer you a glimpse of the road to health and longevity. Enjoy.